When it comes to real estate, the mantra is “Location! Location! Location!!
When it comes to your voice, the refrain is “Water! Water! Water!”
Help your body stay ahead of the fall allergies onset by staying extra hydrated.
- Start when you wake up in the morning by keeping a bottle or glass of water by your bed. Guzzle it upon rising.
- Before you drink your morning cup-o-jo, drink a cup of water. Caffiene actually subtly constricts blood vessles and dehydrates your system, neither of which is good for vocal performance.
- Keep a bottle with you and gulp or sip, whichever seems appropriate at the time, from it throughout the day.
- Drink a glass before, during or after every meal.
- Of course, stop guzzling water an hour or two before bedtime, if you don’t want to make multiple trips to the bathroom during the night. Sips, however, are okay, just to “wet your whistle,” as my dad used to say.
More on fall allergies and your voice in upcoming articles.