Private Lesson Fee Structure (Please also see “Important Fee Announcement” below.)
60 minutes — $50
45 minutes — $37.50
30 minutes — $25
Important Fee Announcement:
Upcoming Fee Changes
After approximately seven years since the last fee change, the time has come for A Higher Note LLC to raise fees to keep moving forward and growing. Fees for new in-studio students will increase, effective June 1, 2018.
Fees for Currently-Active Students
The good news for currently-active students is that if you are a currently-active student, you are “grandfathered in” to your current lesson fee. Currently-active students will keep your present fee structure until you stop taking lessons or take a break longer than a year.
After June 1, new students and students who are returning after more than a one-year hiatus will enroll at the new fees.
The New Fees, Effective June 1, 2018
The new in-studio fees will be as follows:
- 60 minutes — $60
- 45 minutes — $40
- 30 minutes — $30
Internet fees are different from in-studio fees and are listed here.
We won’t be piecing together group classes for individuals who inquire; but for those who have ready-made groups who’d like to take lessons together, we will offer group rate opportunities as follows, effective June 1, 2018, as well:
- Weekly or ad hoc in-studio group lessons of 2-4 students. Fees will be lower than private lessons, but haven’t yet been posted on the website. When they are, we’ll let you know.
- Internet weekly or ad hoc group lessons with these number-breaks: 2-4 students, 5-8 students, 9+ students. Each tier has different pricing per student. That’s all explained on the website here.
Internet Lesson Fees
Please see our Internet Lesson Page for Private and Group Internet Lesson fees by clicking here. Policies for Internet Lessons are below (scroll down).
All new/prospective and/or current AHN music students and their parent/guardian/payor where applicable, must register for a student account within our cloud-based studio administration software, which is called Music Teacher’s Helper (“MTH”). You may do that by clicking here: https://ahighernote.musicteachershelper.com/registration.
When you complete that form, we will be notified and your account will wait in a queue until we activate it. Once we have activated it, the MTH system will automatically notify you. Through your MTH account, you will be able to view the scheduler, communicate with your instructor, read lesson notes, access links to lesson recordings, track your practice, create and track your performance repertoire, access learning resources, manage your payments, make payments, view invoices, and more.
Payment Specifics for Both Private & Group Lessons
Reading the complete list of our stated policies will help your experience with A Higher Note LLC (AHN) go smoothly.
- Student/Payor pays for all lessons in the upcoming month in advance, prior to the 1st of each month. Payment for each entire month’s worth of lessons is due prior to the first of that month. You may bring your check to the last lesson of the previous month.
- Student or parent/guardian must provide minimum 24 hours notice to cancel a lesson without needing to pay for it. If you know in advance you’ll need to miss one, please let me know as far in advance as possible. Advance notice is extremely helpful.
- Rescheduling is sometimes an option when you have an irreconcilable conflict with your lesson time, so just ask. If I’m able, I’ll try my best to accommodate your needs.
- You’re allowed three advance-notice cancellations (more than 24 hours notice) per “school-calendar year” (~August 15 – May 31) before your account will come under review. After that, you’ll either need to pay for any cancellations that arise, no matter the reason for the cancellation request) or suspend your lessons.
- Ad hoc students: once we’ve agreed upon your lesson date, you must secure lesson slot via paypal or check as soon as the appointment is made or make other arrangements for payment by agreement with Natalie Eastman.
- If one month has gone by without a payment being received, lessons will be put on hold until the account is up to date. If two months go by without a payment being received by A Higher Note, your time slot will be forfeited.
Payments may be made with
- Personal or business check
- payable to “A Higher Note LLC”
- Returned/bounced checks will be subject to a $25 surcharge
- You can mail or drop off your check to A Higher Note at
191 West Lincoln Avenue
Delaware, OH 43015
- Payment through Paypal.com within your student/parent account on our MTH studio website. Log in to your account here: https://ahighernote.musicteachershelper.com/login.
- Paypal.com – you may use PayPal for cash payment or credit card;
- As a last resort, please, you may use a Credit Card for payment – use www.PayPal.com. Our PayPal address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Specifics for Gigs or Party Entertainment Services
- For gigs or party entertainment services, please include any applicable additional mileage charges when computing your total. Email email@example.com for your total.
- Send deposit and/or payment to our PayPal email address: info@AHigherNote.com.
Policies for Internet Lessons
- Voice lessons only.
- All normal published A Higher Note LLC policies for local students apply. See above.
- Additional considerations:
- Connection: You must have a reliable, broadband internet connection, an effective computer (later-model is ideal, but not required), and a web camera.
- Location: You must be able to position yourself within a well-lit location without a lot of exterior distractions or noise and with plenty of light.
Internet Lesson Fees & FAQ – For more information, please see our Internet Lesson Page by clicking here.